DSL slowed to a crawl in Queens, NY
shady64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Was hoping to get some help here...  I'm located in Forest Hills, NY.

For the past week my internet has slowed dramatically.  Prior to this, I would get relatively consistent and stable connectivity between 5.4 and 7.1 Mbps.  I am now receiving between .25 Mbps and at times as high as 1 Mbps down.  Nothing has changed with my configuration and I've tested numerous computers/devices (all clean and malware/virus free), wired, wireless, makes no difference. In addition, I've bypassed the router and connected directly to the modem. I tried reaching out to VZ HSI tech support and, well we all know how that goes.  However, I did do some troubleshooting of my own and I was hoping I could get some feedback/help on this issue.  I notice in a tracert I ran that there appears to be very high response times coming from some VZ routers.  I've also posted an image of my tranciever statistics.  After showing one of the online tech support guys my trace route, I got him to open up a ticket: {edited for privacy} , however this ticket no longer shows up under my account. Please help.

0 Likes
Re: DSL slowed to a crawl in Queens, NY
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

With how slow Windows' Traceroute program works, it might be a good idea to run WinMTR to see if there is perhaps something going on closer to the connection. But if the Windows traceroute is reliable, seems to be more of a backbone issue rather than a localized-to-CO problem. Your stats look fine so those aren't the issue.

0 Likes