DSL speed issues........I am about to discontinue my service
cinchomflt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for over 14 years.   These last two years with Internet have been abysmal. At least once a month, my internet is so slow that I can not even stream a simple TV show.  Often it is completely down.  I call customer service, and I get some guy in India.  This is the most frustrating.   The last time the guy asked me FIVE times if I had a dial tone on my home line.  Each time I told him I have NO phone connected to that line.   It is simply there to bring service to the house. When I can, I use chat because that seems to get me a more competent person.  Each time there is an "issue with the line and we are sending your information up.  SOmeone will call you."  It is always the same thing.  COngestion on the line, speed issues, issues with the connection.   I am paying for a service that I can only use half of the time.   It seems that since Verizon has brought in Fios, their DSL customers have suffered.  We have no option to get fios, we are stuck with crappy DSL  service and even less competent customer service reps to help us.   I have priced, and will be switching to Cox if this issue is not resolved.   I can get 50mpbs for $10 more than I am paying now for intermittent service.   Is there anyone above the basic customer service reps who can help with this issue?

Re: DSL speed issues........I am about to discontinue my service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes