DSL takes evening off
Jormungandr

My family has  a Westell 6100 modem connected to a Linksys Wireless G (WRT54G2) Router. There are two computer connected to it. Lately, we've noticed that while service works great in afternoon and late night, the DSL has been down around 8-11:30 PM, just as it is with the poster named Triggerjack.   I can listen to music, watch Youtube, etc with no problem right now (6:10 AM), but come around 9 PMish, it goes offline. It may come back on for maybe 10 mins, but  otherwise, we have to wait until around 11 o'clock for the DSL to comeback online.  Any help here? I've noticed that stats are asked for here, how do I get that?

0 Likes
Re: DSL takes evening off
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

First thing I would do to troubleshoot is remove the Linksys and hook up one computer straight to the DSL modem and test it that way to see if it disconnects. Also post your Transceiver statistics.

0 Likes
Jormungandr

We have tried connecting to one computer without the router. However, during the downtime, this doesn't work. We get all green lights, but no internet. On a few occassion, we got a red light on a Ethernet light and I resetted the modem. However, the software re-installation only works after the 9-11 PM offline window. Reset, connect at 9, nothing, connect at 10, nothng, connect at 11:15,  download begins.

Currently, I'm the only one connected to the router, which is under the desk.  Previously, we were both on the router. Now, if my sister, the other user, want to use the internet,  I connect her directly to the modem, usually in the early morning. However, this doesn't fix the problem as she can get online around 6 or 7 o'clock, but is kick off at the 9 o'clock window. When it turn 11 o'clock, she's back online. Afterwards, I disconnect her, reconnect my cable (router) and off I go, no interuptions except that 9-11 PM window if I decide to get online at that time.  

" Also post your Transceiver statistics"

Where do I find them?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

As to where you modem status is at...

#1 If your modem use(s) the white and blue Westell firmware that is addressed in

All DSLR FAQs » Verizon Online DSL FAQ » 4. Hardware » 13600 How do I use a router with the Westell ...

Then the Transceiver statistics, is at "Trouble Shooting -> Transceiver statistics"

#2 If your modem use(s) the red and black Verizon firmware, that is addressed in that same FAQ (above), then the Transceiver statistics, is at "System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats"

^

0 Likes