Day 8 of no internet, what a joke!
mfern74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who knows if posting here will solve my problem, I feel that I've spoken to every tech support, billing, and order person at Verizon....to no avail. I feel that I'm being forced into Fios, which for reasons I've explained over and over again I will not change. I've been told that they "understand my frustration" and "let's solve the problem" and "I'm sorry to hear that" I think I can work at the call center because I have memorized every scripted response. Here are some lies and situations I have been subjected to...thus far:

Day one: lost DSL for some unknown reason, called tech support and was told there was an outage in my area, it will be solved the next day. Ok, I bought it the first time, but today I'm tired of being told about some fake outage.

- was sent a new modem.....didn't solve the problem

- was told by tech support that records showed that I disconnected services. Really? I did that? Another LIE. Funny....I've been paying for internet but yet you tell me that I disconnected it for some reason. They are unable to prove who/what/when placed this order of disconnection. I called billing, they show nothing on my records and are as confused as I am.

- you need an upgrade to Fios, unless Verizon wants to supply me with a generator so when I lose power I am not without my security system and a phone line....ok.

- there's a service outage in your area....funny, my neighbors have no problems.

- If I order Fios today (that was 2days ago) they could give me a "temporary fix" for my DSL....huh? What magical fix would that be? Does ordering Fios magically turn DSL back on again?

- Today was the best call: tech support shows this mystery disconnection, I ask who disconnected the internet, they say "I don't know" - Wow what great service! They connect me to billing, that department says they show NO disconnection and that my DSL should be working.Seriously? The woman in billing then tells me that some one PHYSICALLY disconnected my DSL.....is there a main power switch at Verizon headquarters that someone switched to OFF? Ok, so if someone physically disconnected it, then physically reconnect it, "no, sorry ma'am it doesn't work like that. I need to place an order and that needs to go to this department then that department then here then HOPEFULLY you will have internet in a few days."

This company is a circus and a joke.

You made Comcast look better and better with each phone call that I made.

Forced migration into Fios is obvious, illegal, and unethical.

0 Likes
Re: Day 8 of no internet, what a joke!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: Day 8 of no internet, what a joke!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry it took so long to get your internet up. Glad we can get the correct team involved to resolve everything. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes