Deleting my personal webspace website
mjpalmierisr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know back in August Verizon stopped the use of ftp to manage our personal websites. Mine is mysite.verizon.net/mjpalmierisr and I need to have my website stored there deleted and can't do it since ftp was turned off. Can anyone from the server group get in there and do this for me. I have called tech support and E-Center 5 times now and neither know what to do. If you could turn on my ftp for 5 minutes I could do it for you. Please advise if it can be done.  Thanks{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting my personal webspace website
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can no longer edit pages created and uploaded via FTP. You can either leave them as-is and create a new page, or you can have Verizon delete your FTP site and start fresh via the SiteBuilder.

Reposting from britechguy's post here:

To All Who Need Files Deleted From PWS That Were Created Via FTP Transfer:

1. Do call Verizon High Speed Internet Tech Support at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
  2. Expect that the Technical Support Representative may not be familiar with the issue you are calling about, but they may be.  In any case, be polite as this is not their fault.
  3. If the representative is not familiar with the issue, do tell them that you already know that this issue must ultimately be resolved by the Operations Support Center and that all you are asking for is that a ticket be created to delete all files from your Verizon PWS.
  4. Make sure to state, and ask that they note in the session notes, that you clearly understand that the deleted files are unrecoverable/cannot be restored under any circumstances once they are removed.  I say this because during today's conversations I was told that my previous request was put "on hold" because the prior representative had not specifically covered this information and they had been unable to reach me afterward to confirm that I knew it.
  5. Specifically request an e-mail or phone verification that the deletion of the PWS files has been completed.
  6. Expect that the deletion will take between 24 to 48 hours to actually occur.
  7. Be prepared to call back and make the same request again if it does not occur.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can no longer edit pages created and uploaded via FTP. You can either leave them as-is and create a new page, or you can have Verizon delete your FTP site and start fresh via the SiteBuilder.

Reposting from britechguy's post here:

To All Who Need Files Deleted From PWS That Were Created Via FTP Transfer:

1. Do call Verizon High Speed Internet Tech Support at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
  2. Expect that the Technical Support Representative may not be familiar with the issue you are calling about, but they may be.  In any case, be polite as this is not their fault.
  3. If the representative is not familiar with the issue, do tell them that you already know that this issue must ultimately be resolved by the Operations Support Center and that all you are asking for is that a ticket be created to delete all files from your Verizon PWS.
  4. Make sure to state, and ask that they note in the session notes, that you clearly understand that the deleted files are unrecoverable/cannot be restored under any circumstances once they are removed.  I say this because during today's conversations I was told that my previous request was put "on hold" because the prior representative had not specifically covered this information and they had been unable to reach me afterward to confirm that I knew it.
  5. Specifically request an e-mail or phone verification that the deletion of the PWS files has been completed.
  6. Expect that the deletion will take between 24 to 48 hours to actually occur.
  7. Be prepared to call back and make the same request again if it does not occur.
mjpalmierisr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks somegirl for the info. After 5 calls in 3 days I finally got the 1-800-verizon number. I have talked to tech suppot, E-Center, Billing and any other dept you could imagine. I am a network administrator and have told them those same exact things listed. I even asked if they could turn on ftp for 3 minutes I would delete and all would be solved. I will try that number and state all the same things listed and hopefully it will be resolved. Thanks again

0 Likes
mjpalmierisr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Somegirl thank you a million. I did exactly what you had listed and it worked perfect. I made the last call at 3pm and just got the call back now at 5pm that it had been completed. Finally the pws is gone and I can use the hoaky site builder to make my new one.

tom_clark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call 888-553-1555 tell them you need OSC to delete all your Verizon PWS files.  They will have no clue what that is, but the term "OSC" is the key.  They will need to open a chat with someone at OSC department and then they will need to submit an outside ticket with your account info to OSC to delete the files. 

Should take about 30-45 minutes on the phone - not including hold time.

0 Likes