Deplorable foreign costomer service, no resolve to 2 year service interruptions.
Fudloe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been reporting internet outages whenever it rains for two years. As of this writing, I have been without internet for five days.

Four or five in home tech visits and six routers later, the situation has only worsened. My attempts at receiving service have resulted in insulting repetition of the identical scripted answeres in thick Indian accents, despite my asking to be, and subsequently  being told I had been transferred to the United States.

When the operators were pressed, one said they were in my home town (population 12000- there is no Verizon office at all save wireless kiosks in strip malls) and could not name the street they were on, another could not name a state that bordered the one they claimed to be in. It's simple enough to call someone out as a phony when the sound like a Delhi native and can't tell me the zipcode of the town they insist they are in. Especially since I am a former USPS employee who actually LIVES in said town. This attempted ruse is both pathetic and insulting. I am, as of this writing, far beyond livid.

Finally I was transferred to an ACTUAL American customer service rep and the issue I'd been trying to get a service technician to repair was addressed and an appointment was made within 90 seconds. First nightmare of horrid customer service put to rest. Maybe.

On to the next debacle- the home technicians that have been dispatched to my location over the course of two years- due entirely to a continual absence  of service and complete lack of attempts to repair the leaky line that is causing it - have unanimously informed me I am too far from the origin of the  signal and that I have been paying full price for a service, of which I have been receiving less than half (7Mbp maximum). I was also informed this struggle between signal and router was causing some of the many service interruptions- upwards of thirty times a day if it is raining. They recommended I drop my service to 3Mbp maximum.

When I attempted to have this done, my Indian operator could not do so, insisting that 1Mbp maximum was the only other option, 3Mbp was "impossible". Another 4 telephone transfers to people pretending to be in the U.S. and as many angry demands for an actual U.S. representative, I finally reach a woman in Pennsylvania. However, she is financial, not technical. Luckily, she connects me to someone in Arizona and I was easily reduced to 3Mbp within 3 minutes.

I demand a telephone number that provides a DIRECT line to a customer service representative in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not India and a rebate for nonless than half of my entire paid billing amount since the beginning of my use of your service, as I have received less than half of the product I have paid for due to distance from the main office combined with constant outages every time it rains.

Your foriegn operators know NOTHING of your services, nor how they function, their attempts to deceive customers, their ridiculous repetition of scripts and total refusal to connect customers to their requested parties is inexcusable.

In closing- if the simple solution of repairing the main lines that are 80 years old and leak whenever it rains, causing a short and interrupting my service are repaired, I will cease the above demands and will not pursue action my with the Better Business Bureau.

I'm not unreasonable, I simply expect to get what I pay for and decent customer service.

{edited for privacy}
Dickson City, Pennsylvania.

0 Likes
Re: Deplorable foreign costomer service, no resolve to 2 year service interruptions.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes