Digital Direct Marketing Program
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got an email that says VZ is going to start sending me ads while I am on line and there is NOTHING I can do to opt out.  i can only opy out of being targeted with ads based on my demographics.  **bleep** is up with this?  I do not pay vZ to spam me with ads.  VZ cleverly tried to pass it off as an added service to customers but the bottom line is VZ is selling space to advertiser that can spam us with their ads.  I do NOT want any ads fed to me by VZ.  If VZ is going to do this and not allow me to opt out of their ads, I want to termintae my services and NOT pay any early term fees since VZ is the one who is making  major change to the agreement of services.  Please advise what is up with this and how I can either block these ads 100% or have a tech come get all of the VZ equipment out of my house.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Direct Marketing Program
Robert99991

Verizon

Thank you for your message letting me know that Verizon has decided to become a SPAM lord.  It kind of makes your spam support and spam blocking irrelevant since the service I PAY for is now going to SPAM me whether I want it or NOT.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!  And be assured, the next time I have a choice, I will be sure to choose anyone but Verizon.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Install Adblock Plus and get it over with. They'll be setting up equipment and getting no return out of it from that point.

Also, the e-mail you received contains a link to opt-out. You might need to visit MyVerizon and log in first before clicking that link.

TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the message in the e-mail,too. Yes, you can click on the word "here" to opt out; ...but......you get to the VZ page first and you have to sign in   AGAIN (?)  and then there is no OPT-OUT field/link etc!!  First I thought, OK wait another day, Verizon may not have the link set up yet, but a day later nothing new.

I had to call VZ. The third person I got forwarded to finally was able to get me to the page where you actually can opt out.

HOWEVER: Verizon should not have the customer to jump through hoops to find the buried page! 

----- Instead: Verizon should ask the customer if they want to OPT IN  to such programs  not to OPT OUT.---

0 Likes
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can opt out of the TARGETD ads, BUT you cannot opt out of getting spammed.  Re-read the email

0 Likes
ImNotDave
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not going to installyet anotehr piece of software to keep VZ from spamming me.

0 Likes
ollie12
Enthusiast - Level 2

How did you get to the opt-out page?

0 Likes
MrYoinks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here are the exact Steps you need to Opt-out of The Digital Direct Marketing Program

1. Go to myverizon.com.

2. Login in with your Used ID and Password.

3. Click accounts & Service in the Upper Left hand Corner.

4. Click "My Services" in the column on the left. (Just above "Bill & Payment")

5. Once "My Services" expands you click on "Internet" on the left Column

6. Click "Manage" to the right of "My Internet"

7 Click on "Manage Online Advertising Preferences" link

8. Under "Advertising by Geography" check "Do Not Participate" and then the red save Button.

You are now opted out of the Digital Direct Marketing.

ollie12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much. Your directions are perfect and I am showing several neighbors who also got the email.

skipperll
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great directions. No one would be able to navigate the deletion of this Digital Direct Program without them. Thanks. I've deleted it.