Disappointed New Customer
alockwood
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered high speed internet in January and received my installment kit on time.  However, my start date was listed as March 23 (it was January 23rd when I discovered this, so a 2 month wait).  I called Verizon and after an HOUR on the phone, the problem was finally resolved.  I figured, "phew, that was awful. Thank goodness I won't have to do that again." I stand corrected.  I installed it the day I received the package and my internet should have been up and running. But there was nothing. No internet. The jack it is plugged into had been used for 2 years prior, however my roommate moved out a few weeks ago, so I had to start up a new account. Given that we've used it for quite some time now, I doubt it is a problem with the jack. 

I called customer support and the agent asked me to go to a website to check my connection speed - I couldn't do that becuase I HAD NO INTERNET. Spent another 30 minutes-hour on the phone with that person, was told it was an issue with the telephone line. I was reassured that the problem would be fixed the next day, then received a voicemail the next day from the telephone people saying there was no problem on their end and it should be working fine.  It is still not working. I called again last night and was reassured that the issue would be resolved the next day from their central office after even MORE of my time wasted on the phone. I received a text message today saying my "Verizon repair request is resolved." Yet, I STILL have no internet. None. I called again tonight and after 1 hour and 7 minutes spent on the phone, the best I could get was an appointment for someone to come to my apartment A WEEK from today. I'll get a 15 day credit on my account, which will barely cover the days I've been without internet and certainly will not pay me back for the giant waste of my time. All of the customer service representatives I spoke to were fine and decent people, however that does not excuse the fact that this has been an absolutely ludicrous ordeal for something that should be simple and streamlined. 

This was my first experience with Verizon internet, and it will certainly be my last. I'm so frustrated that I will make absolutely certain none of my friends or family have to go through this total nonsense. Thanks for wasting my time, Verizon. 

Re: Disappointed New Customer
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for that feedback. We will pass this along and see if there is anything to be done about the date you were given.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed New Customer
alockwood
Enthusiast - Level 1

No one ever contacted me or changed the date. I'm currently waiting at home for someone to come fix this problem. My appointment was scheduled between 8-5, which is ridiculous in its own right. Hopefully someone actually shows up as there's only and hour and twenty minutes left in that 9 hour period and I haven't heard a peep from Verizon. 

0 Likes
Disappointed former 20+ year customer
hwkeye1011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for 20+ years.  My first land line was through Verizon before I added Verizon cellular service.  Verizon was always famous for Customer Service and Support. When one looked up customer service and support in the dictionary it stated "See Verizon." Unfortunately, the Verizon philosophy of Customer Service and Support has changed dramatically during the past 3+ years. The Customer Service  standard of  respect and follow through in assisting not only new customers with  services but making sure existing customers where receiving the product and support they required. Today's customer service standard has become "transfer, transfer, still holding? I am sorry I will need to have a manager call you back."  Unfortunately, the manager will never call you back and the customer is left with a product that does not even closely resemble what was promised. This is a typical scenario that I have experienced and is well documented with other customers on the Verizon blog. Much like the Customer Service Representatives on the phone the blog monerators are full of apologies and short on solutions and once again the customer is left with a product that is nothing like the one promised.

While I have considered filing a compliant with the Better Business Bureau I quickly changed my mind after being directed to their website were the following is stated:

BBB has determined that Verizon Communications meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services

Please note Verizon is a paying customer of the Better Business Bureau.  While I do not have a dictionary at hand I am confident this meets the definition of "CONFLICT OF INTEREST."  

Today after 3 years of unresolved issues I cancelled my Verizon Internet service and telephone land line service. I look forward to returning to Verizon when they realize that respecting the customer and delivering the product you promised is critical to their long term growth and shareholders equity.

0 Likes