Disappointing experience
ave1

I had a Verizon salesman at my door who I explained I didn't want Verizon because their promo price was not including taxes and fees and it winds up being $20-30 more than they tell you.  He told me the price would be $52.88/mo total for 1000Mbps for 3 years with no contract. Then when I get the confirmation email it is only a 12month guarantee, 100Mbps service and 99.99 installation, which he told me he could waive half.  I called customer service, they agreed to waive 1/2 the installation, the $52.88 was with autopay, which he didn't specify, but was fine.  But they said the the speed he told me was 79.99 plus taxes and fees a month and what my price included was 100Mbps service and only a 12 month price guarantee.  Not was what I was told.  Also, it included an Amazon gift card, which I haven't checked to see if it's in writing yet.  I definately feel they bait you with great promises and hope you don't notice you're not getting what they verbally promised you by not putting it in writing. I'm just glad I caught it before I cancelled my other provider.  Beware of bait and switch by Verizon salespeople.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing experience
jonjones1
Legend

Remember salesman will tell you anything to make a sale. It’s that way for any direct sale situation at not only Verizon but at clothing stores and other businesses.

its always best to get the whole package in writing. Not verbally. Take nothing verbally.

never sign any contracts, do not sign letters of intent or do any type of automatic payments for any services. Not just Fios (you are giving carte Blanche to these companies to rob you blind.

glad you held off before you agreed to service. By the way these posts are customers helping customers so warning of doom etc. is on the wrong audience.

0 Likes
ave1

So, after my first post I called customer service again.  The agent said she would reach out to the salesman and get back to me.  Guess what, never heard back.  She also said they could waive the install fee.  Guess what, now that I received my first bill it doesn't even have th 50% discount that the first salesman promised or the total fee waived, like they told me when I first called.  Yea, they want to charge me the $99.00 fee.  So I guess I learned my lesson, will pay the fee if I have to, but will have this equipment pull out so fast their heads will spin.  No way I will deal with a company whos whole business practice seems to be built on deception.  Also if I try to go and review the order on the email that was originally sent it directs me to my verizon account, which dosen't have the original order, but an overview of my current bill and service.  So, I can't even reference the original order summary.  Deceptive.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It is a shame that this type of behavior occurs. Today’s companies are set up to make as much money than can for the least cost per customer. You may leave but 10+ others sign up in your place. It’s a cycle.

0 Likes