Disconnected FIOS service got charged full month
Fiosuser2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had disconnected a service that is under my uncle's name to install a new service under my own name as he is moving out. Unfortunately the earliest installation date was 5/14 and I was fully aware the billing cycle ends 5/12, so I promply called Verizon on 5/11 to make sure it gets disconnected, so we won't be charged anything extra. However, during my call with the Verizon rep, when I asked to disconnect on 5/12, he advised and told me that he can have it disconnected on 5/14, day of installation, and that we WON'T be charged and it would be prorated for the extra two days. All was well until I did receive a bill for 90 bucks for the full month of May. Obviously i was in shock and called Verizon to see what went wrong as I was told it would be prorated and 2 days definitely isn't 90 bucks. The rep kindly told me that it was made in error due to timing of disconnect request being processed internally and will fix it for me within the next day. Trusting the rep, I waited. Now the bill is due in 2 days 5/25, I called Verizon again and this time the rep told me that Verizon doesn't proate internet, you are obligated to pay the full month if you are in service 1 day after billing cycle. I am beyond frustrated with Verizon. All of their reps are contradicting one another. I wouldn't be as frustrated if the Verizon rep didn't illy advise me and now i have to pay for their reps bad info. They work for Verizon, so obviously I take their word over what I had thought was the case and now it seems like you cant because they can always lie and just go back to the "sorry blah blah this is our policy. Dont know what the other rep told you." They can't even own up to fix their reps mistakes. I'm beyond frustrated and thank god my new service isnt contracted, debating whether it is worth to continue doing business with this type of business. I wrote this long essay to let other customers know, take what their reps tell you with a grain of salt and hope you don't end up like me.

Re: Disconnected FIOS service got charged full month
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fiosuser2018,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes