Disconnected Fios and Charged Full Month for 1 Day
Raven1822

I disconnected my service on May 28, 2019 only to discover 1 month later I have a Verizon bill of 69.99. When I called CS (serval times and told twice I would be called back by a supervisor but never happened) was finally told by Joy that my billing cycle ended on the 27th and they don't pro-rate so I'm charged the full month. I was not aware of this nor was it mentioned at time of cancelling. Regardless, I find this to be extremely underhanded of Verizon but shouldn't surprise me of this slimy practice. I paid the 69.99 but I have filled a FCC complaint and BBB complaint.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disconnected Fios and Charged Full Month for 1 Day
jonjones1
Legend

Like the new policy at the cable companies fios is not deferring the monthly charges if you don’t cancel BEFORE/PRIOR to your closing date. Its not in their interest to give prorated monies back. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Like the new policy at the cable companies fios is not deferring the monthly charges if you don’t cancel BEFORE/PRIOR to your closing date. Its not in their interest to give prorated monies back. 

Raven1822

Update: Mitch from excutive customer relations did contact me in regards to one of my complaints and a refund was issued. However, it was issued to my closed, disconnected Fios accout. This obviously serves no purpose and currently trying to get them to credit the card back. So far no luck. The reason stated for the refund was the policy was changed recently. In addition, I started with phone, TV, internet approx. 7 yrs ago. After the first 2 years I disconnected the phone as it was only serving as a spam receiver. 7 months before we were to go full time RVing, I disconnected the TV and went to Sling. I did ask at that time if there was anything I needed to do or be aware of when I disconnected the Internt in spring. I was told by CS to just call when ready to disconnect. No mention of disconnecting in relations to a bill cycle. The main problem is extremely poor customer service reps. You can call 20 times and ask the same question and get 20 different answers. Problem is the customer is left on long holds when the bill arrives trying to resolve the incorrect information given.

0 Likes
Yeslin

It is a big shame that after one and a half year Verizon is doing the same to me.

I have called/chatted several times, and only two agents have been reasonable about this issue. That means they are aware of this being unfair. One of them issued a ticket, but I never received the credit. Then I called, and someone told me that the ticket was invalid!

Even when it is mentioned on ToS, I think if an agent or supervisor agrees to prorate, that should be enough to treat a customer fairly. They keep contradicting themselves. Check this link:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/refunds

I will do whatever I need to do until I get my refund back on my card, and I hope nobody else falls for this deception again.

Blessings.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes