Disconnects every 5-30 minutes
Tritonis

Been happening to me the last few days. I've tried to research my problem, but nothing that I've found has been able to solve on my issue. DSL light on my Westell 7500 dies every few minutes, internet goes after that. Internet light is also constantly blinking if that helps. 

Tranciever Statistics:

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver RevisionA2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code4D54
Line ModeADSL_re-adsl
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)3195304
Margin (dB)5.39.5
Line Attenuation (dB)11.04.9
Transmit Power (dBm)0.011.4

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Disconnects every 5-30 minutes
Tritonis

The problem also seems to be a bit better in the evening hours, if that helps.

0 Likes
Re: Disconnects every 5-30 minutes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your circuit is in poor shape. With a line like that, you should be able to get any speed you want. 7Mbps, 15Mbps, etc. You're barely holding 3Mbps which should be running at 3360kbps/864kbps sync.

To start, please locate your NID for us and connect your modem up to the NID's test jack to see if the statistics are any better. The NID should be located in most cases, near your electrical meter or near your electrical panel. This is a demarcation for your home's wiring to connect up to Verizon's copper drop.

See this FAQ for some more info: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

A laptop and an Extension cord is handy to have around in this case. Once you get the statistics from the modem at the NID, please post them up. We just need to see if this is a problem on your end or on Verizon's end.

Also, if you have a landline, does your line have issues with static, humming, buzzing, or other noises?

0 Likes