Disconnetion
JKKIM

Dear,

I live in Maryland and I have used verizon internet service since 3 months ago, but my office will suddenly move to Alabama, so I was going to transfer my internet service to there. However, the staff of Verizon said Verizon does not cover over the Alabama, so that I have to cancel my current internet service with panalty of $150.00. I really want to take my current service, but as you know, I cannot do that. So, I would like to know how can I cancel or transfer my current service without any panalty. Please, let me know if you have a solution. {edited for privacy}

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Disconnetion
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You've come to a user-to-user forum here but your issue is one that is voiced fairly often by other users.  I'm sorry to tell you that there is no way for you to avoid that early termination fee.

When you signed up for the FiOS service you agreed to terms-of-service that included the early termination fee.  There is no exception provided when FiOS is not available at a new address you're moving to.

For whatever it's worth, (probably not much),  I personally  think Verizon might put that part of the TOS in bold type at the beginning and end of the TOS, but having said that, I understand that there's no exception if service isn't available at a new address.  If such an exception were to be available, I'm sure many users who just wanted to cancel their service would say they were moving to an area where service was not available to avoid the fee.  How could Verizon know if the customer was actually moving or not?

Good luck at your new locaton in Alabama.

0 Likes