Discontinuing HSI service... got FIOS (yea!)
DParsons1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got billed for both services...  will Verizon take care of,this automatically, or do I have to do some paperwork.

0 Likes
Re: Discontinuing HSI service... got FIOS (yea!)
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DParsons,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing questions, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
DParsons1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I've been having a lot of trouble getting this information and was hoping someone else had the answer.

When I say "a lot" I mean it's not possible..  the information just isn't there.  

I called 'billing' and discovered it was actually the 'high pressure sales' department who, for example, told me I couldn't keep my copper landline because they were 'going to be ripped up in a couple of months, which is alternate facts.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that for some areas its true that you can't "keep my copper landline because they were 'going to be ripped up in a couple of months, which is alternate facts"   They really want to retire copper wiring if they can.   Some local authorities however are not allowing them to do so, at least for now.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What OP can do to confirm if the copper is going away, is to check for regulatory filings with both the FCC and the local PUC (Public Utilities Commission). Verizon has to submit paperwork to retire the copper equipment. They have been doing so in the parts of this area where FiOS is 100% deployed. VZ took down a TON of copper this past summer, and removed a ton of pedestals and remote terminals in the process.

0 Likes