Do I have a Static or Dynamic IP Address?
ufeeboy

Hello,

I'm wondering if I have a static or dynamic IP address.  If it's dynamic how often does it change?

Residential DSL

0 Likes
Re: Do I have a Static or Dynamic IP Address?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ufeeboy wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if I have a static or dynamic IP address.  If it's dynamic how often does it change?

Residential DSL

If you have a residential account, you have a dynamic IP address. You would have to upgrade to business class and pay extra for a static IP.

How often your IP address changes depends on several factors, but generally it's not very often (once or twice a year) as long as you are leaving your modem on and connected 24/7.

If you provide a little more information about what you are trying to do with your IP address, someone here might have some helpful hints.

bmclark9798
Enthusiast - Level 2

Residential is DHCP. If you have having issues because your ip has been blocked from a certain site or something like that a verizon technician can break your lease, reissue new ip and those types of issues are usually solved.

Jdster118

How we keep 1 IP address so I don't have to call Hulu every week at 430 am because Verizon changes it every week ..I should not have this problem...

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes