Double Bundle Plan Results in DSL Speed Cut in Half
avmasala

I placed an order to change my voice plan to Regional Essentials bundled with the HSI Enhanced (which I was told was the same as the HSI Extra I have subscribed to since 2004).  Prior to the change in plan, I was consistently receiving 2.8Mbps+ download speeds and .25+ upload speeds.  Immediately after notification from Verizon that the service change had been completed, my speeds dropped in half.  Got the usual runaround from support and sales.  Support wants to send out a new modem, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the existing modem.  I know this decrease is the result of the voice plan change and no one at Verizon will acknowledge that fact.  If I was capable of receiving those speeds on Wednesday, I should still be capable of receiving them on Thursday!  I am tired of the runaround and just want my service restored to the original speeds (or better if possible).  Short of changing providers (Time Warner Roadrunner is available in this area, but I liked my DSL service) how can I get this issue resolved?  Is there a way to contact the local central office directly to speak with a tech?  I am only three short blocks aways from the CO.  Has anyone had any success in getting their DSL service restored without spending hours online in chat or on the phone with a rep that continually puts you on hold, and still doesn't resolve the issue?  Or should I just make the switch to cable internet and say the hell with this? HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Double Bundle Plan Results in DSL Speed Cut in Half
alanthiel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already had a doble play plan with HSI extra. I had an online chat with a rep re: my spped being cut in half.

He said I was eligible for and upgrade to enhanced. I did as instructed and was told it would be activated today.

It was.

I got the email to activate.

I did.

Speed still less than half what is was

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi avmasala,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this matter, if in the future you require additional assitance please feel free to let us know on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
alanthiel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already had a doble play plan with HSI extra. I had an online chat with a rep re: my spped being cut in half.

He said I was eligible for and upgrade to enhanced. I did as instructed and was told it would be activated today.

It was.

I got the email to activate.

I did.

Speed still less than half what is was

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please have Verizon disable the ASSIA optimizer on your line, and provision your line to the max speed supported by the equipment; not what the database says your line can support. This means if you are in a 7.1Mbps area but you are only getting 3Mbps, you should get 7.1Mbps if the line can take it and the DSLAM has adequite capacity.

0 Likes
alanthiel
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Please have Verizon disable the ASSIA optimizer on your line"

Is there an easy way to do that ?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@alanthiel wrote:

"Please have Verizon disable the ASSIA optimizer on your line"

Is there an easy way to do that ?

Yes, just ask Verizon. It becomes hard if you have to explain why, but if they need to reference why you're aksing to have it shut off, the answer is found everywhere on these forums and on DSLReports. The fact that I have it turned off attests to the reasons behind getting it turned off. When it comes down to HSI, manual adjustments on an entire circuit are typically better than automatic adjustments in most cases when speaking of the consumer market.

0 Likes