Downgraded service after ONT upgrade
CA_NB

Make sure you run speed tests whenever allowing Verizon to make any change to any hardware at your home.  I was told that I had to change the box on the outside of my home to be 'compliant' with Verizon's new network.  I was not having any issues, I did want to retain my service so I let Verizon change my hardware.  I work from home, I am on video calls all day, I need decent Internet.  Nothing too robust but decent.  I ran speed tests before Verizon changed the box on the outside of my home, I was getting 50MB download and upload.  Now, since the box change, I am getting 20MB download, sometimes 7MB download, and 20 MB upload.  I called Verizon more than eight times at this point, they told me that my plan only covers 25/25, however for the past 15 years as a Verizon customer I was getting 50/50.  They want me to pay more to get the same service I have been getting for the past 15 years.  Verizon is asking customers to change the hardware on the outside of their homes so they can upsell you on additional services, by downgrading the services you currently have.  My choices now are to pay Verizon more each month for the services I had before this hardware change, or go to another provider.  I will be going to another provider.   I don't want to, but based on the way I am being treated by Verizon I really have no choice.

0 Likes
Re: Downgraded service after ONT upgrade
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CA_NB,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes