Download speed not changed after switch from 25/25 to 50/50 service
MHarden1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I recently upgraded our service from 25/25Mbps to 50/50Mbps.  After the change I noticed that speed tests were not showing the promised speed levels, and I had a chat session with an online agent that led to them trying to get me to upgrade to Quantum service hardware.  I have a Verizion Advanced Wi-Fi router that has been working fine.  I monitor my connection in the FCC's SamKnows program, which monitors my connection statistics.  It shows that after the upgrade, my upload speed doubled as expected (from ~30Mbps to ~64Mbps), but my download speed has not (still averaging around 30Mbps).  (Screenshot attached) . How can I convince Verizon to actually look into and fix this?image

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Download speed not changed after switch from 25/25 to 50/50 service
MHarden1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called in today to get our faulty DVR replaced and the technician (Avery in VA) did a great job working with the back-end network support team to fix the internet speed issue.  It took a bit of time, testing, and two reboots of the ONT, but in the end I'm getting about 57/64 speeds.  Very pleased.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Did you call and ask tech support to test your provisioned speeds?

i would attempt that as a first step.

at 50/50 or 75/75 your speeds should be slightly over those listed speeds.

not below. Barring it being ok from their location to your ONT or router. It then is devices connected to the router that is the culprit to look into.

0 Likes
MHarden1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called in today to get our faulty DVR replaced and the technician (Avery in VA) did a great job working with the back-end network support team to fix the internet speed issue.  It took a bit of time, testing, and two reboots of the ONT, but in the end I'm getting about 57/64 speeds.  Very pleased.

0 Likes