Downloads Stall
midnightdown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whilst trying to download large file, or a large number of files, the download will proceed at a normal pace, and then randomly stop. For example, while trying to patch an online game, the patcher will proceed at several MB per second, then the progress bar stops and the transfer rate slowly declines until it hits zero. It tends to occurr at the tail end of a file's download as well.

It happened since Fios was originally provisioned, we'd try to run the Verizon speed test, and it would stall at the end of the download phase of the test.

This seems to only occur on the computers we'd used for testing the Fios out on the first day, as we've two other machines that don't seem to have this particular issue.

I've cleared the cache on my browsers to no effect, as well as doing the customary reboot of the router.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloads Stall
midnightdown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, looks like I may have found my issue. It looks like it was an out of date ethernet adapter driver.

For anyone else that's had this issue, head to you motherboard manufaturer's website and go to their downloads section for the appropriate model.

I've only watched my machine buffer a couple 1080p YouTube videos so far, but it's looking good.

View solution in original post

Re: Downloads Stall
midnightdown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, looks like I may have found my issue. It looks like it was an out of date ethernet adapter driver.

For anyone else that's had this issue, head to you motherboard manufaturer's website and go to their downloads section for the appropriate model.

I've only watched my machine buffer a couple 1080p YouTube videos so far, but it's looking good.