E3200: Terminator Plug on F-Connector.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the loss of the ability to concurrently connect an ethernet and coax cable feed from the router to the extender, would it be good practice to twist a 75 ohm terminator onto the extender's F connector? 🤔

I've placed a barrel connectors and terminators onto the end of the, now disconnected coax cables, but was curious about the back of the extender.  🤔

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E3200: Terminator Plug on F-Connector.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, I am not sure of the benefit of doing this. If you really want to leave the F connector unexposed, why not just coax-uplink to G3100? Both of my G3100 and G1100 are coax-uplinked to an upper MoCA adapter.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, I am not sure of the benefit of doing this. If you really want to leave the F connector unexposed, why not just coax-uplink to G3100? Both of my G3100 and G1100 are coax-uplinked to an upper MoCA adapter.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The thought to attach a termination plug to the connector came from knowing that it is poor practice to leave ports on splitters open. If it is bad to have open ports in the middle of the pipe, does that extend to end devices?

Originally I was going to use the coaxial cable to connect the extenders to the router, but, decided to stick with the ethernet cable and cap off the ends of the coaxial cables with a barrel connector and 75 ohm terminator.

Yup, I have way too much free time on my hands! 🙄