Early termination fee on moving abroad?!
Peter12341
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am looking to subscribe to a new FIOS service for my home. Issue is that my job requires me to move every few years, and I might need to move overseas in the next 6-12 months. Obviously not in a place with FIOS service. I called FIOS and was told orally than in this case my ETF fee would be waived, but they would not put it in writting. Also the terms&conditions do not mention this, on the contrary they state that ETF fee has to be paid. This plus the many messages on this board are giving me a very bad feeling. Anyone knows if I can get this in writting, and if so, how?

0 Likes
Re: Early termination fee on moving abroad?!
jonjones1
Legend

@Peter1234 wrote:

I am looking to subscribe to a new FIOS service for my home. Issue is that my job requires me to move every few years, and I might need to move overseas in the next 6-12 months. Obviously not in a place with FIOS service. I called FIOS and was told orally than in this case my ETF fee would be waived, but they would not put it in writting. Also the terms&conditions do not mention this, on the contrary they state that ETF fee has to be paid. This plus the many messages on this board are giving me a very bad feeling. Anyone knows if I can get this in writting, and if so, how?

What you do is get service as month to month. No contracts. They will install this way.

when you need to move on, no early termination fees.

remember under no circumstances do you take contract service. Say it repeatedly and agree to no contracts on the phone, chat or online. 

Online ordering is best and easiest. You select no contract and waived installation so you save $99 on install and have no etf 

Good Luck

Peter12341
Enthusiast - Level 1

The person I spoke on the phone did not mention that it was even possible to get a no contract option... And the site I have to the promotion does not have any link to do it online, only links to a phone number. What site can I use to do it all online?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Peter1234 wrote:

The person I spoke on the phone did not mention that it was even possible to get a no contract option... And the site I have to the promotion does not have any link to do it online, only links to a phone number. What site can I use to do it all online?

Http://www.verizon.com/fios

once there enter the address and any other information for that address.

if service is already there you can say it is new service request.

you then follow the prompts to order. During the order process it will say what is available and contract/no contract, different bundles or single internet. 

It will do a credit check. Then it will say that the install fee is waived, how many discounts you will be receiving. 

After you answer all the queries you can finalize the order.

verizon will email the particulars.

0 Likes
chaz_h

If you move to an area where FIOS is not offered, you can submit an early termination fee (ETF) waiver request at the following address:

https://www.verizon.com/etfwaiver

You'll need to upload proof of new address (such as a utility bill, lease agreement, etc.), and they'll review it then credit your account if you meet the requirements.

0 Likes