Escalate Verizon issue - New customer to Verizon. But unable to setup internet for 5 days now.
reachrajmit

Hi - I opened a new internet connection with Verizon online on 05/16/2018 and requested for router via shipping.  its 05/21/2018 and still unable to setup my internet connection and the customer care service is juggling me with different details. Its really a disappointing, frustrating and worst experience so far to start the service with Verizon. Below is the timeline of events, 

05/16/2018 – Bought the internet connection online and requested to ship device online.

05/18/2018 1:21 PM EST – Received the router from Verizon

05/18/2018 6:00 PM EST  - Tried self-installation and service did not come up. Before trying the setup, I cancelled my existing internet service from Comcast ( My bad, I should have retained it).

05/18/2018 6:30 PM EST  - Called customer support. Initially I was told there is some outage in my area and the service will come up next day. The person tagged the outage ticket to my profile ( which I guess should NOT have). After tagging the outage ticket to my profile, the same person asked about the lights I am seeing on router(Solid Red) and the Verizon box ( Solid Green). With this observation she again mentioned that the real problem was COAX cable not hooked up to the Verizon box in my apartment. So she proposed a technical support next day between ( 12 PM to 2 PM EST). However, I think she updated the details in the same outage ticket, which as per her is not the actual issue.

05/19/2018 2 PM EST - I waited the whole day cancelling all my Saturday plans to be present when the support personal comes in. Time passed 2 PM EST, but no one showed up. And I was not informed about that too. So, I checked with customer support through the myfios app chat and I have been updated that the outage is NOT resolved yet. I tried explaining the chat person that my issue is different per the customer support personal I spoke with yesterday. Still of no use. I was provided a new ETA of 4PM EST for the outage ticket. It became more frustrating.

05/19/2018 7 PM EST – I checked again via chat. I got a new ETA for outage ticket that is 12 AM Est next day for the outage. Again I tried explaining that my issue is different and it may not be related to outage in my area. The char representative opened a new repair ticket this time {edited for privacy}.

05/20/2018 11 AM EST – I tried again and service didn’t come up. I called the customer support this time and connected to the dispatch department. And to my surprise I was told that there is no appointment scheduled at all in my profile for technician support. Not sure how Verizon works as a whole, but I felt I was being juggled in their ongoing outage problem but no one really understood the bottom line of the issue. Finally I gave a repair ticket opened by chat representative on Saturday to the dispatch team. He said the {edited for privacy} is again tagged to outage and he has to request this to be changed to dispatch team and only then he will be able to send the service rep to my place. Also he gave me appointment for next day between 11 Am to 1 PM EST.

05/21/2018 11 AM EST – Still no one showed up and when I tried to check the repair ticket({edited for privacy}) status, it providing me the status of the outage. Based on this I assume till my case is tagged to outage and its not reassigned to dispatch yet.

It’s more than 5 days since I opened the connection, and I am still unable to set up the connection. This is really frustrating and I feel that I made a bad decision by trying to become Verizon Customer.

If at all someone can help, can you please please please escalate this issue and resolve it at earliest.

From a very disappointed customer.

0 Likes
Re: Escalate Verizon issue - New customer to Verizon. But unable to setup internet for 5 days now.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi reachrajmit,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes