FIOS Can’t Find My Address
Twiggypolo

I’ve been on the phone with Verizon four times and on chat twice so far (so that’s 6 times total), had my credit checked four times and my husband’s once (thanks for lowering my score right after we got a house), and you still can’t seem to resolve the issue.  I’ve had to cancel my internet three times now because each time I put my address in it changes the address to something 13mi south of me!!  When I called to have the service changed I was told first that I might have the address different than USPS recognizes it.  The second time I was told they must not service my area. But here’s where it gets interesting boys and girls!!

The best part??? I have a Verizon FIOS box on the side of my house, and a junction IN MY BACKYARD!!!! And I KNOW it works because I’ve had TWO personnel at Verizon verify they neighbor behind me is getting internet from them (by the way, I have dogs, so that cable someone routed OVER my fence needs to be put underground. That’s a separate issue entirely though)!!

I’ve gotten as far as getting an engineering trouble ticket, but no response so far, and if Verizon had my house address on file I would have had internet coming by tomorrow. Now the best I can hope for is next Friday, and it seems that might not even happen. To top it off, I work from home, so have been using my Verizon Wireless phone to hotspot crappy internet which will most definitely lead to throttling on the near future. I’m hoping wireless will accommodate FIOS’ glitch by ensuring full service when hot spotting for the next two weeks while o spend another 8 hours ironing this out.

i am typically a very patient person, but the lack of ability of even the employees on the other end of the phone to help me (NOT because of them, but because of the restrictions Verizon policy seems to have put on them. I mean really! How can you tell your own employee they can’t send an issue to the tech team because I don’t have an account, when I don’t have an account because I can’t get a hold of the tech team?!?) has me at my wits end.

I've been a Verizon customer for some time, and would MUCH prefer FIOS to Cox, but this has gin FAR beyond bordering on ridiculous.  And please, don’t try to question whether I’m sure the junction is a functioning one when none of your employees can look up the box number to see where it’s located. It’s actually insulting.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!!!!!!  I WANT FIOS OVER COX AND VERIZON IS THE ONE MAKING THIS DIFFICULT BECAUSE OF ALL THE LAYERS AND RESTRICTIONS YOU HAVE IN PLACE!! I DO NOT WANT TO EXPLAIN MYSELF FOR THE SEVENTH TIME OVER THE COURSE OF A 45MIN COVERSATION!!

PLEASE HELPP!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Can’t Find My Address
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Twiggypolo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes