FIOS Extender No Internet
Shonny63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a G3100 and E3200 connected via COAX and working great for a while - 

Recently the extender stopped allowing access to the internet.  It gives an IP to ethernet connected devices and still broadcasts WIFI as it should but devices that are connected to the extender will not reach the internet.   I connected via wifi and I can access the Extender GUI and see that its connected via COAX Backhaul at 600MB

I've rebooted, powered down, restored factory settings etc..   Same with the Router (which is working fine)

Bad Extender??  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Extender No Internet
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coax backhaul has the highest link priority in E3200. Plugging in Ethernet cable should have no effect.

I believe you have interference on your coax. Could you investigate this a little further?

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

E3200 is incapable of assigning an IP address through DHCP. If your devices connected to E3200 gets an IP address, it suggests there's a layer 2 link between the G3100 and E3200.

Could you ping 192.168.1.1 while connected on E3200?

Shonny63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fix was - 

Disconnected extender and connected to router with short Ethernet cable - 

Ran for a few minutes and reconnected to COAX at original location

All good

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coax backhaul has the highest link priority in E3200. Plugging in Ethernet cable should have no effect.

I believe you have interference on your coax. Could you investigate this a little further?