FIOS G3100 says password incorrect but it's not
jh19691

I have teh G3100, this is my second one as the first had a different issue, I've had this one maybe 4 months.  Last night around 9pm it suddenly booted off all the devices connected to it via wifi. when they tried to connect back it said incorrect password.  The password was correct, I rebooted and factory reset a number of times.  I use the default password so there was no changing of passwords when I factory reset.     Spent over 1.5 hours on the phone w/ offshore agents trying to get it fixed.  Finally spoke to someone in NY around 10:45 this morning.  at some point during the call all my devices suddenly reconnected to the wifi.  

Has anyone else had this happen? have you been able to determine a root cause?  No one I've spoken with has been able to figure out what happened or why and I'm concerned it will happen again.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS G3100 says password incorrect but it's not
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes