FIOS ONT troubleshooter
gem8055

On Friday Aug. 21 my fios stopped working. When using the link: support, internet - Can't connect to internet I noted that the instructions for the ONT pertain to the BBU which was disconnected by Verizon a few years ago and the pictures are for the old style ONT. Fortunately I was able to get a Verizon tech on Saturday and the ONT was replaced. Unfortunately the new ONT is completely different than the old style  without the BBU.    Any chance these instructions will be updated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS ONT troubleshooter
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums, you're talking to other users here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.

There isn't much to troubleshoot on the new ONTs. If there is a problem, the Verizon support folk will walk you though the limited steps you can do.  Note that if lights are red, bad things are going on that most likely can only be fixed by Verizon can fix.  You can always push the reset button on the power supply or unplug it, but aside from that, there isn't anything you can do to the ONT.

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS ONT troubleshooter
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums, you're talking to other users here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.

There isn't much to troubleshoot on the new ONTs. If there is a problem, the Verizon support folk will walk you though the limited steps you can do.  Note that if lights are red, bad things are going on that most likely can only be fixed by Verizon can fix.  You can always push the reset button on the power supply or unplug it, but aside from that, there isn't anything you can do to the ONT.