FIOS isn't available for me, but is available to my neighbors
danielcs67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've seen this question posed a few times on the forums, but no real solutions appear to be provided unfortunately.

I am looking to sign up for FIOS service in my apartment; I have been for nearly 3 years. There are a large number of units in my complex- units that are farther away from the street- that are eligible for the service per the availability check. But for some reason, my apartment, which is situated on the corner, is not. Heck, I see the FIOS van pull up and do work at the Church next door to me once a month. I feel that it should be available in my unit, but the FIOS 800-support has been unhelpful in the past.

I am absolutely sick of Optimum & Altice and would love a chance to sign up with Verizon. I understand that with COVID it may be difficult, but is there any chance to find out when service will be available in my apartment?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS isn't available for me, but is available to my neighbors
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here

I've never heard of Verizon announcing a schedule for FiOS deployments.  Once it is deployed, they will announce it's available for subscription.

Sometimes there are errors in their engineering database.  You can ask them to double check if FiOS is available at your address.  The best way to do this is to contact their social media support team and ask for a "FAST" ticket.  You can reach this team by tweeting @Verizonsupport or posting over in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.

danielcs67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply! I did notice that most other users were not Verizon reps/employees, but I did see them contact users and create tickets from here, so I was definitely hopeful. Thanks for the tip about the engineering database! I'll make mention of that if/when I am contacted.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wouldn't wait to see if the moderators decide to escalate your issue to a Verizon agent.  Use the paths provided to proactively reach out to them.  Otherwise you could be waiting a very long time.