FIos not available in my area
alt1231

I see all kinds of people in my area with fios but the website and customer support tell me its not available wat gives?  ..

In fact i think my upstairs neighbor has fios

0 Likes
Re: FIos not available in my area
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If FiOS is in fact available to your location or immediate area (neighbors, other tenants in an MDU) the next time you call up Sales to try to order FiOS have them submit an engineering request to your central office or local engineering manager. They need to do this to correct the availability database.

JoeScuba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck with that.  Verizon Customer (lack of) Service wouldn't let me put in a request or an engineering ticket.  I had DSL, switched, came back and now DSL is 'not available' in my house.  Neighbors have it, next door and across the street.  Nobody at Verizon can (or won't) tell me why, won't let me talk to anyone local, and when I ask to put in an engineering service request, all they say is 'that won't help'.

Best advice I can give you, find another provider.

Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning,

This issue was responded to privately.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
JoeScuba
Enthusiast - Level 2

After almost a month of 'looking into it', Verizon's official answer is still the same.  'Unfortunately, we are unable to provide DSL service at this time.'

No reason, no explaination, nothing.  Not even an estimated date of when it will be available.  I was told the information is proprietary, and I could not know why I can't have DSL service, whatever that means.

I'll stick to my original statement, find another provider.  If I could, I would.

0 Likes
wizbang_fl

I had a similar problem in PA.  Apparently for a given area they only gave a limited number of ports for DSL.  So, if you drop DSL and then want it back later it may not be available due to all DSL ports are already subscribed.  It was 3 months before they added ports (or someone unsubscribed) before I could get DSL back.  

Moral of the story.... The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

0 Likes