FOR THOS USING FIREFOX EALIER EDITIONS DONT UPGRADE TO THE LATES VERSION
alford1

TO ALL WHO HAVE VERIZON INTERNET HI SPEED AND USE MOZILLA FIREFOX 3.6.24 DO NOT UPGRADE TO ANY OTHER VERSION AS IT WILL CRASH YOUR SYSTEM ANBD NOT LET YOU USE VERIZON.

i FOUND THIS OUT THE HARD WAY AND I HAD TO CALL TECH SUPPORT 18 TIMES ON THIS SAME ISSUE. PEOPLE BEWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE INTERNET WORLD AND DON'T DON'T DOWNLOAD THE FIX FOR VERIZON.

0 Likes
Re: FOR THOS USING FIREFOX EALIER EDITIONS DONT UPGRADE TO THE LATES VERSION
jasonbay13
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm using firefox 10 right now, ahvent had any problems besides slow internet, dropped connections, etc.

i've used firefox 3 and 4 on verizon website and had no problems.

prisaz
Legend

Windows 7 Pro and FF 8.0 with no issues at all. It could be you have other issues happening.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you have other issues with your machine that are triggered with a newer version of Firefox. I run Beta versions of Firefox on this machine along with the Nightlies (I have FF9 and FF10 installed right now, latest stable is 😎 and I have no issues.

0 Likes
yoduhh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the lastest version of firefox and i don't have problems with it.

0 Likes
Re: FOR THOSE USING FIREFOX EALIER EDITIONS DONT UPGRADE TO THE LATEST VERSION - Check you Add-ons!
MyEye
Enthusiast - Level 2

While this probably won't affect your 'crash' situation with Firefox and Verizon, I'd just like to add a comment or two about what can go wrong with Firefox (maybe other browsers) and the Verizon web site.   I'm now running 8.0 on both the PC and the Mac, but not before I discovered why my Mac FF version 8.0 kept hiccuping and couldn't connect MyVerizon.

I started by disabling the add-ons I believed could be causing problems (Ad block,  Cookie Culler and https Everywhere).   Bingo!  The EFF version of https Everywhere was the culprit on logins with one VZ address,  and logouts only with another.  When I went back and loaded the same add-on on the PC, it too coughed up fur-balls and wouldn't let me connect.  I'm still annoyed with 8.0 on the Mac for taking away the PDF reader many of us depended on for a 'normal' view of these docs,  but (all things considered) it works as advertised ... so far.  Hope this helps someone!  🙂

0 Likes
Kon1

@jasonbay13, you are using firefox 10? The newest edition of firefox at this point is 8, but jokes aside I don't have any problems with the internet using the latest version of firefox.

0 Likes