FeedBack on why I am canceling
DeeMann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where to start. Support is a joke. When I google Verizon Internet support, Verizon wireless comes up. So i decided to chat instead. First the robot is useless, then I get a real person to help me with my slow internet speeds via chat, we troubleshoot but if I don't respond in time I get dropped from the chat, This happed once right after I was told to do a factory reset of my router, luckily I know how to configure my networks to get back up and running, most people would have been totally screwed. This went on a few hours on a Friday evening, until i decided this was enough and I needed a real person to solve this issue that I seem to have every 2 or 3 months, mind you I'm paying for the highest tier internet service. So I confirm the support phone, which says Verizon wireless and I go through the prompts and I speak with 2 or 3 people that try to fix my issues. The problem is the first person I spoke with couldn't find the resolution, so they created a ticket, a magical ticket that says that my issue will be resolved Sunday by 5pm ET. Oh great, but how? No appt was created. No senior tech support person called me, so I continue to call the next two days to get help (Friday and Saturday). The techs would walk me through rebooting the router, and tell me this is normal troubleshooting, then after 20 or 30 minutes of 'trying' they would refer me to the ticket and ASSURE me the issue will be resolve on Sunday as per the ticket. So Sunday comes and goes and nothing. Tuesday I get an email, your issues has been resolved and the ticket is closed! Really, they close the ticket without so much as a call, text, email, pigeon carrier, nothing.

Congrats you a closed a ticket, offended a Gigabit customer and lost my business ✌️ 

0 Likes
Re: FeedBack on why I am canceling
jonjones1
Legend

You are posting to the wrong forum as to Verizon Fios. 1-800-922-0204 is Verizon wireless support.

however you are saying Verizon Fios. But chatting on Verizon Wireless. Strange.

what you need to do is call 1-800-VERIZON and get customer service. Once online with a real USA based person call in between 8 am till 4 pm EDT and have them contact engineering to provision your service correctly. Only engineering can do it and it takes a day not more than two.

on other occasions you may have a bad router, in that case Verizon will send you another if you rent theirs or bought theirs.

they do not service customer owned routers like netgear etc. they do a speed test up to your ONT only in that case.

now if the speed is there from your ont to their office then the issue is either your Ethernet cabling or the router of which must be tested.

if they send a tech out to look at your inside setup they may charge a fee.

chat is useless. Never use it. Call if you can.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I mean, your post is filled with pathos. Can you at least tell other users how we can help you?

0 Likes
DeeMann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't need any assistance.  Just sharing my experience.  Thx

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The person is venting.

people don’t need to have a actual problem to post here. Frustration is a problem in its self.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DeeMann,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes