FiOS ONT shows no power - lost internet connection
MarltonFiosUser

All of a sudden, Vz FiOS ONT at my garage went out of power and lost my internet connectivity. The power socket looks to be good and I tried a different appliance, it works. So something to do with the ONT at my place. Anyone else faced a similar issue? 

Reaching out to FiOS Support for help.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS ONT shows no power - lost internet connection
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which model ONT is installed?

Did the ONT power up after the electricity was restored?

If it is still down and the electrical outlet is up, the power supply would need to be replaced...(unless a reset is able to restore everything).

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that might have to do with a failed power supply. I am not sure corporate stores stock ONT power supplies, but you could try to ask them.

0 Likes
Pantagruel1

I have a similar issue. For the past two weeks the ONT has disconnected, indicating power failure. This is resolved by resetting the power adapter. This adapter fails on three different circuits and through a power conditioner and a robust battery backup unit (UPS). The chorus from Verizon support and visiting Verizon technicians (who did nothing on the home visit because the system was working) is that there is a power issue with the home. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you request a replacement for the ONT power supply from either a customer service representative or from a corporate Fios store?

0 Likes