Re: FiOS Quantum Gateway Router - Intermittent Dropped Connections
jonjones1
Legend

There was a post on dsl reports in the Verizon forum that the update is pushed out in spurts. Maybe it has not hit your area yet.

another thing that was written was to do a total reset of the router. But save your configuration file first. However it’s been said that this is also iffy. One poster said he set it back to factory, and no firmware update. So it’s up to you.

simply turning the router on and off will not get you your firmware update. As you have done. Push and hold the reset button on the router for 20 seconds and then see if it gets updated.

0 Likes
Samus4145

I have the new UI for the G1100, but have been getting 5ghz drops all day. Nothing has been fixed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Samus4145 wrote:

I have the new UI for the G1100, but have been getting 5ghz drops all day. Nothing has been fixed.

Branch at dsl reports stated you should get the updated firmware by 2/20/18 but it should be a total reset of the Quantum router. Wait until that date and do a complete reset to see if it has been updated.

0 Likes
taymil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody confirmed the firmware update does anything?  I finally talked to a Verizon tech who had me do a factory reset.  When he called me back 30 minutes later to check, I told him I had 6 disconnect in that period of time. His answer was to send me a new, new router. It appears V doesn't have a clue.

0 Likes
covnam

Thanks, doing a reset with the button did force an update, though I guess another is coming soon? I'm on 02.00.01.07 now.

Anyway, after resetting the quantum, reloading my config, doing the same thing on my router (button reset) and not loading my old config, but just a new set up, I'm still having the same issues.

Next I'm thinking I'll probably try reseting the quantum back to defaults and use it as the main router (rather than a bridge) and set up my router as just an AP and/or replace the router. If that doesn't work I think I'll need to change the quantum out...

0 Likes
Samus4145

Is 02.00.01.07 not the updated one with the fix? That is what I am on now, but also have the new UI for the admin page.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Samus4145 wrote:

Is 02.00.01.07 not the updated one with the fix? That is what I am on now, but also have the new UI for the admin page.

I believe that version is the latest one.

0 Likes
WLost
JonJones - Thank you for this information. I just upgraded to 75 speed (yes, I'm clueless about options and terms). The signal strength is fine but the devices are all dropping off. Even the ethernet connection to the router is intermittent. If I purchase a better router, do I need the Quantum Gateway router at all? Do I just send that back and install my own in the same manner/settings as this piece of junk from Verizon? Thanks so much for your help. WLost
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@WLostwrote:
JonJones - Thank you for this information. I just upgraded to 75 speed (yes, I'm clueless about options and terms). The signal strength is fine but the devices are all dropping off. Even the ethernet connection to the router is intermittent. If I purchase a better router, do I need the Quantum Gateway router at all? Do I just send that back and install my own in the same manner/settings as this piece of junk from Verizon? Thanks so much for your help. WLost

You can use any router you choose. However if you don’t have a Fios router in the mix the support people will only service up to the ONT and no further. Additionally if you have tv service the router from Verizon has to be used or a MOCA adapter to use your set top boxes. If you have internet only you can just buy a Netgear or Asus router, just make sure it has mimo and has triband with beam forming antenna to get the best performance for a/ac/b/g/n 

you could keep the Quantum connected to get the DHCP only and put your own router into access point mode (AP) then go into the Quantum and turn off the WiFi and let the better router handle WiFi and ip assignment.

0 Likes
mcrattis1

I am having same problem.  Had old 75/75 with an Actiontec router and not a problem.  New Quantum Gateway with a Verizon range extender and was working fine for a few weeks.  Now, constantly losing signal and rebooting router.   I noticed the WAN light on the router is not on but some devices still receiving signals.  

Is it simply the router?  I have FIOS TV service too, so believe I need the Gateway Router.  Does anyone have the link on how to hook up a different router and turn off wireless on Quantum if that is truly the issue?  

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes