FiOS Wires Down
Spikelykes

Does anyone know what the time frame for repairs for downed FiOS wires? The wire from the pole to the house will need to be replaced / re-installed. I only ask so I can schedule some time for the repair crew. I understand it is crazy right now. Thanx in advance.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Wires Down
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any time from same day to months.  Depends on how busy they are.   For example the recent storms in the east have knocked down wires all over the place.

0 Likes
ChrissyDoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had a branch bring down the wire to the house yesterday and I just booked an appointment to get it fixed.  No one is available to come until next Thursday!  That's going to be a real drag for my teenage kids.  They won't even be able to do homework because we have no phone, internet, or TV.  Thankful we have a library we can use so they can do their homework - everything at school is online now.

Anywone know if we get request a credit on our bill for a week of no service at all?

Lisana
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same situation. Had 2 service appts scheduled. Verizon never showed up or txted. Have had no service since Wed. 3/7. A credit is the least they can do. Left here with a dangerous Verizon wire left dangling in our street 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Lisanawrote:

Exact same situation. Had 2 service appts scheduled. Verizon never showed up or txted. Have had no service since Wed. 3/7. A credit is the least they can do. Left here with a dangerous Verizon wire left dangling in our street 

Call your local police and see if they can help. At the least they can file a report.

you could call your localities engineering department or department of public works.

0 Likes