Fios G1100 and Unifi AP-AC-LR
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Fios router is in the basement and I do not want to try to figure out how to move it.  A couple years ago I purchased the Unifi AP-AC-LR and connected it via CAT5 (I do have drops upstairs in my house) and just set it up as its own wireless network.  It has worked great and I have wonderful coverage in my whole house and outside.  I am starting to use the Fios TV app more (ipads and phones) and since I am not connected to the Fios network, it does not let me watch all the channels - even though I am in my house.  Is there a way to setup the Unifi as more of an extender - or just another access point - but still off the main Fios G1100?  I am looking through the Unifi user guides, but do not see anything jumping out yet. 

Thanks for any help that could be provided!

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios G1100 and Unifi AP-AC-LR
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well - I updated my Unifi controller and updated the firmware...  and now I am in business!  I guess it pays to stay current w/ releases.

View solution in original post

BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course - I hit enter to post and this is the next search I find... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/9mkm6s/should_my_fios_g1100_be_in_bridge_mode_for_unifi/

Do I just need to change my Fios router wireless network to have the same SSID, and WPA2 PW/Key?  Every device in my house is connected to the Unifi network - so I would prefer not to change that if I can avoid it.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You shouldn’t have to change the G1100 wifi and actually it should be turned off. I use a Ubiquiti AC lite with an EdgeRouter an have no issues. Did you try deleting the app an install it again?

BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for responding...  I have done that several times.  I did try to figure this out once before(https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/FiOS-TV-App-Can-t-Stream-to-My-Device/m-p...) and got no where.  At that time I figured it must have been how I installed the Unifi unit....  I did try to rename the SSID and WPA/PW for the Fios wireless to the same as the Unify and it made no difference.  I have to connect directly to the Fios wireless to stream channels even in my house... 

Any other thoughts?

0 Likes
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well - I updated my Unifi controller and updated the firmware...  and now I am in business!  I guess it pays to stay current w/ releases.

Simon202020

I am having this problem now.  I have upgraded everything and still not working.  Any ideas?  It is working on an Archer Access Point and, of course, when connected directly to the G1100

0 Likes