Fios Installation Debacle - Incorrect Order and Property Damage
pthompson146

It took an entire business day + to install Fios phone, tv and internet. 

• Order was incorrect - They set me up as a business high speed installation (not what I ordered)
  •  The tech was on the phone for hours trying to resolve - One wrong call lead to the next wrong call.
  •  When finally speaking to retention, she was unprofessional.  She indicated she could not give me what I ordered.  First she indicated she could not see my order, then miraculously she could and said I could not have the dvr for life of contract as I ordered.  I asked to speak to a supervisor, she put me on hold for a long while, said she could not do it.  I asked for the supervisor again and she hung up on me.  I was using the techs phone.
  •  I finally get the order straightened out, the tech installs and when it came to putting in set top boxes, he did not unplug the xbox 360 which was on.  There was a brand new game (my daughters)  in from Christmas.  The game box made ridiculously loud noises when he moved it without unplugging and turning off before moving.  The game disk and game was ruined.  My young daughter, heartbroken.  I proceeded to get CD scratch liquid and tried to fix the problem, to no avail.  The tech did not make any attempt to fix the issue by saying anything.  I finally asked if something could be done.  He said he would call me the next day (as was protocol for each customer).  He never called.
  •  In addition, the tech destroyed my garage.  Things were tipped over, dangerous and even the aquarium rocks were dumped out. 
  • And last but not least, he unplugged my refrigerator for some reason and did not plug it.  All my freezer and refrigerator items gone!
0 Likes
Re: Fios Installation Debacle - Incorrect Order and Property Damage
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Installation Debacle - Incorrect Order and Property Damage
Jerzybd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with a large freezer in my garage. The tech and his supervisor unplugged the powerstrip in my garage because the verizon box was not allowed to be plugged into a extension cord or powerstrip to be up to code.

Luckily a few hours later I noticed the freezer light on the outside was off and figured out what they had done. I was pretty annoyed but like I mentioned before luckily caught the problem before I lost the food.

I've also had other issues with billing and have requested to speak with a supervisor on a few occasions, which never happened. We were put on hold for over a half hour, hung up on and promised calls back. Verizon must have a policy where they do whatever they can to deter their clients from speaking with a manager. I've worked in and managed a call center for years at a large bank and the way Verizon handles it's client's perplexes me how they still manage to stay in business.

I wish you well my friend. Good luck getting your resolution. It's a shame we have to resort to public posting to acheive results.

0 Likes