Fios Internet bill 80% increase
MattN11

I just received my monthly bill via email and my monthly charges for 50/50 Fios Internet increased from $49.99 to $89.99.  I assume a special offer had expired but a 80% increase without notice is unacceptable.  I have been a loyal customer for many years now.  Any suggestions?  I am looking into calling/email/or on-line help to request my previous rate.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet bill 80% increase
jonjones1
Legend

@MattN1 wrote:

I just received my monthly bill via email and my monthly charges for 50/50 Fios Internet increased from $49.99 to $89.99.  I assume a special offer had expired but a 80% increase without notice is unacceptable.  I have been a loyal customer for many years now.  Any suggestions?  I am looking into calling/email/or on-line help to request my previous rate.

More than likely your now out of contract and all the discounts have expired.

in your case I would call up and say you are leaving because of the price to cable if it is available in your area. Or you can simply try and get Fios to find a deal for you. But often times you may have to call over and over to get a more reasonable rep or retention person.

loyality has nothing to do with anything. The only thing a company wants is MONEY so never try that loyalty card. 

0 Likes
Baniber74

I just got a $25 increase on my service for 75/75 and I'm under contract for 9 more months. Silly me thought a contract locked in your price.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Baniber74 wrote:

I just got a $25 increase on my service for 75/75 and I'm under contract for 9 more months. Silly me thought a contract locked in your price.

Discounts are staggered over the two years. Contract or non contract. That is why the cost went up. Verizon does give bill notifications in the invoices before it is raised.

the discount could be $10 for one year, $25 on year two. So you would then add that $35 in at the end of the second year. That would be your price.

0 Likes