Fios Setup fee not waived?
djtanng

I signed up for Fios the other day and the guy on the phone said that if I chose the Gigabit Connection plan then all the other fees including the setup fee would be waived and that my first bill would be $79.99 and guaranteed to remain that way for 3 years. No other charges. He said it was a current "special" they were doing that also included a free $100 visa card and $10 off for auto-pay.

My first bill is due for auto-pay soon, and the price is $134.44. I'm being charged $100 for the fios setup fee split into 2 payments. I need this resolved before the "auto-pay" takes it out of my bank account. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Fios Setup fee not waived?
jonjones1
Legend

@djtanng wrote:

I signed up for Fios the other day and the guy on the phone said that if I chose the Gigabit Connection plan then all the other fees including the setup fee would be waived and that my first bill would be $79.99 and guaranteed to remain that way for 3 years. No other charges. He said it was a current "special" they were doing that also included a free $100 visa card and $10 off for auto-pay.

My first bill is due for auto-pay soon, and the price is $134.44. I'm being charged $100 for the fios setup fee split into 2 payments. I need this resolved before the "auto-pay" takes it out of my bank account. Please help!

Call your bank and stop autopay. Also turn off autopay on your account.

if this cannot be done cancel or have your bank modify your account number so Verizon cannot touch your funds.

i have said this a gazillion times, never ever use auto pay for any company let alone Verizon. Save yourself the aggravation. You were lied to. Over the phone gets dinged for $99 install fee. Only self ordering is usually no install fee.

$79.99 is the new price for gigabyte all the rest is add on.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi djtanng,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours for questions about your bill.

0 Likes
Taiti

jibberish

0 Likes
Taiti

They lied!!!  The first guy when I called to have the service disconnected mentioned the fee will be waived if I re-connect with a new contract.  However, when the new service is all installed, the setup fee is still showing up.  I called Verizon again, and of course, the second guy claimed that he saw no record of the setup fee should be waived nor does he have the authority to waive it.  This is bad business practice!  I'm furious because why would Verizon train their staff to trick their customers into signing with business when they have no intentions of keeping up what they say and purposely not recording them in the log so that leaves the customers defenseless.  This type of behavior is got to stop and bad for business because eventually customers will catch on and leave.  I rather have the staff be honest with me than tricking me into signing for something that makes me have to call back while Verizon staff knows they can't honor on purpose!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Taiti,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes