Fios autopay not enrolled?
banureddy

I am a Verizon Fios customer for almost a year. We moved downstairs and had the connection move with us. When we set up the new connection for 300/300 Mbps(upgrade from 100/100) for $69.99, I talked to a representative and she walked me through the new order. She said that the installation charge of $99.99 would be waived off. I also enrolled in the Autopay while I was placing the order. I did it with my Visa debit card because she said that the autopay is only available through debit not credit cards. I did it and placed my order. In the order confirmation it gave me all the installation charges, no autopay discount included. When I asked her about it, she said that "it's just shows that here, but the installation charges would be waived off in two monthly billing cycles and the you would see the autopay discount in your first bill. I clicked accept. I got my first first bill and there are installation charges, no autopay discount and nothing. When I called Fiso customer care, representative said that there was no documentation on installation waive off nor the autopay. After a lot of talking, he said that the installation credit of $49.50 is credited to my account and I would get a call regarding the autopay. After two weeks or so of not getting call from them, I call the customer care and she says that there is no record  of autopay is being enabled and she couldn't give me the discount. The most ridiculous thing is that I would not get the autopay discount at all for the 12 months. In my account, it says that the autopay is enabled from the start.

Also when I was setting up the order representative said that I could enroll for the autopay anytime and I would get the disocunt. Now the representative I talked today says that you cannot get the autopay discount since I didn't enroll in autopay while placing the order. This is so ridiculous. I mean I did enroll for the autopay while I was placing the order. I don't know what to do. I never expected this from Verizon. Can somebody help me? Is there any place I can lodge a complaint?

0 Likes
Re: Fios autopay not enrolled?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi banureddy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agents.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
FIOS Autopay: Misunderstanding or Intentional?
banureddy

We registered with FIOS Internet 100/100 Mbps(only Internet, NO TV) in December of 2017. The service was great and we didn't have any problems with Internet or billing. In mid-August 2018, we moved to 1st floor from 3rd floor at the same address. I wanted to cancel the services on 3rd floor and start a new service on 1st floor with my account or my roommate's, because for moving I would have to pay extra and pay extra for the same plan. I called customer care and the representative and given the details, she said we could do the 300/300 Mbps (Only Internet, NO TV, So no contract) for $59.99 with Autopay discount and also the installation charges of $99 would be waived off since I was doing the order of service online (I was on a phone with representative while ordering online). I thought that was generous of Verizon. Great, I ordered it and we are using it. I posted other details on an earlier post. Link is here. So, I chatted with a representative a week ago and they said I would get the autopay discount in 1-2 billing cycles. I get email yesterday that $5 has been credited to your account. I don't get it. It is supposed to be $10. I called the customer care again today and she gave me something new. She said that the autopay did not go through while I was ordering my service. That is, when I ordered my service in December of 2017. That is ridiculous. I placed a new order  for my new apartment with autopay and everything, and the representative that I spoke to at that time confirmed me that the installation would be waived off and also the autopay discount will be awarded to me. I tried to explain this to the lady that I spoke today and she said there must have been a misunderstanding and that was not the case. Well I don't know what's the case. This is not how it's supposed to be. I was told confidently what I was being offered and now they are denying it. I don't know who else to speak to. Can somebody help me to resolve this?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Autopay: Misunderstanding or Intentional?
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi banureddy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes