Fios install a NIGHTMARE
kprivigyi

This is the worst, and I mean worst customer experience I've ever had.  And that says a lot.

I signed up for FIOS BUSINESS CLASS in May.

I scheduled install in my home (work from home) for June 13.

I get several texts coming up to that date confirming the install

June 13, (I took the day off work), nobody arrives.  No call, nothing.

Check my order status online- says 'scheduled'.  I call the main number, get a CS rep, they tell me that they reached out to dispatch and that dispatch has no idea why nobody came, they took my # and said someone from dispatch would contact me.

Tuesday the 14th- I'm leaving home at 4PM to go somewhere (for the night), I get a call.  It's the installer letting me know he's on his way... I tell him he's a day late, it wasn't scheduled for Tuesday, and that I wasn't at home.  He says ok and hangs up.

Wednesday - I call CS, complain profusely about it, they tell me they will look into it and call me back.

Wednesday - Dispatch calls me and acts like I'm the one with the problem, I ask them to do it Friday, they say No.  The said we will do it sunday 8-noon.  Ok Fine, this needs to get done.  So I cut my saturday night short and get to bed at a reasonable hour.. get up early.

Friday the installer calls to tell me he's at my home - and I'm not.  No kidding, I wasn't scheduled for Friday.. I'm with my wife and kid at dutch wonderland.... , really?

Sunday the 19th... Nobody shows or calls.

I get an email on Monday "oops, we missed your appointment, click to reschedule", so I did.. for Tuesday the 28th.  AGAIN I take a day off (burning up my PTO here guys) 8-noon. 

Tuesday (today) - I check the status.. it says order received but not confirmed.  I call in, and they tell me my order was CANCELLED BY DISPATCH because I'm never home when they come to install it.  ALL PRIOR NOTES ON MY INSTALL ARE DELETED, so they act like it's my fault.  I told them this install better happen today or I'm going to cancel this whole thing and go get comcast.

They said they would make sure I get installed today.

I told them that I am going somewhere at 5 so they need to be here NO LATER than 3.  The CS agent assured me that they would be, and even called back around noon to tell me that the installer was finishing up at a job and that I was his next appointment.  Great.

2:30 - I get am email that my order is updated....  Installer will be there between 4:15 and 5:15.

I'm so over this.  This is the worst Verizon.  The absolute WORST install in the world.  You should not only be here FIRST THING, but begging me not to leave and offering me MONTHSSSS of free service to compensate my vacation time back to me and for the frustration, anxiety, and trouble you've caused.  This is beyond stupid.  Most companies couldn't accidentally botch the same install this many times in a row.  And STOP ACTING LIKE IT'S MY FAULT.

Sincerely, 

a very upset and possibly formerly customer.  

p.s. This guy has until 3 to get here, otherwise I'm telling him {word filter avoidance} when he arrives.

0 Likes
Re: Fios install a NIGHTMARE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kprivigyi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes