Fios keeps dropping every few days
fishyppl

I have been having an issue where every few days my internet drops (I only get internet from Verizon). I reset the ONT and actually bought a new router because my other one was old and have not been able to resolve the issue. I have even tried connecting a computer directly to the ONT when we are having network issues and their is no internet although all the ONT lights are green or unlit. I have scheduled a tech to come on Thursday but Verizon says if the issue is not present when they come I will be charged? Is there anything I can do on my end to resolve this or insist that Verizon replace the ONT when they come?

0 Likes
Re: Fios keeps dropping every few days
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a long shot. I recommend you to cancel the field appointment because the issue is likely PON related. I will see what I can do to help you.

0 Likes
fishyppl

So doe that mean there is not much that can be done about it? I have just gotten used to it going out every so often at this point but it's annoying to say the least.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No no. I mean there probably isn't anything can be done from the user's end, but something can be checked and/or fixed on the carrier side.

0 Likes
fishyppl

Any idea on how to get this fixed then? They keep wanting to send technicians and I even let them come once and of course the internet was working and they said there was nothing physically wrong with my connection.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I suggest you escalate to Verizon's social media support team.

The social media support team can be reached by tweeting @verizonsupport or finding them on facebook.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Help is on the way.

0 Likes