Fios not even 20% of Giga
payala

Hello,

I just changed plans, from Optimum 300MB to Verizon Fios, speed "1 Giga". I've been making a lot of testing with the same result, download around 143 MB, what am I missing. I'm attaching a speed test that I ran:

1. Wifi I'm using WiFi connection
  2. Modem+Cable: I'm using the LAN ports from my modem
  3. Cable Verizon: I unplugged the Verizon cable from the modem and I plugged in directly to my computer, my computer has 1 Giga speed NIC
  4. Cable nuevo: New cable that I'm using from the fios gpon to my computer, FYI this new cable is a CAT5E

As you can see on the spreadsheet that I’m using the download are really really bad, not even 200MB, why did I change if Verizon is giving me less than Optimum and I’m paying way more than. Again, am I’m missing something here?

BTW my router is an ASUS RT-AC68P and I'm using both webpages, speedtest.net and verizon speed test

Thanks

imageInternet speed

0 Likes
Re: Fios not even 20% of Giga
jonjones1
Legend

@payala wrote:

Hello,

I just changed plans, from Optimum 300MB to Verizon Fios, speed "1 Giga". I've been making a lot of testing with the same result, download around 143 MB, what am I missing. I'm attaching a speed test that I ran:

1. Wifi I'm using WiFi connection
  2. Modem+Cable: I'm using the LAN ports from my modem
  3. Cable Verizon: I unplugged the Verizon cable from the modem and I plugged in directly to my computer, my computer has 1 Giga speed NIC
  4. Cable nuevo: New cable that I'm using from the fios gpon to my computer, FYI this new cable is a CAT5E

As you can see on the spreadsheet that I’m using the download are really really bad, not even 200MB, why did I change if Verizon is giving me less than Optimum and I’m paying way more than. Again, am I’m missing something here?

BTW my router is an ASUS RT-AC68P and I'm using both webpages, speedtest.net and verizon speed test

Thanks

imageInternet speed

Too early to see your jpegs so that will have to wait for now.

you may have to call 1-800-VERIZON and have them test your router. However unless there is a Verizon router attached to your network they will only test the speeds from their servers to your ONT. 

Although you can use your own router for services on fios Fios the company does not support customer owned routers. The situation with speed testing is not such wifi speeds are not accepted by Fios. So you have to place your router into access point mode and use with a Fios router, or just use a Fios router to do a speedtest from Verizon Fios speedtest site 

0 Likes
Re: Fios not even 20% of Giga
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry forgot the link

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

Also you cannot use your previous cable modem. Verizon Fios uses a router.

you cannot test speed from your former cable company via any of their connections.

and once again you cannot get accurate test results from any wifi connection.

0 Likes