Fios voice Battery backup
mayi1

I bought the battery replacement but didn't came with the wire harness which also needs to be replace. Can I ask a tech person to bring a replacement since I already bought the battery?

0 Likes
Re: Fios voice Battery backup
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If a tech has one I'm sure they would give you one. The issue is that Verizon no longer installs the Battery Backup and now they take them out and put in a new, more reliable Power Adapter. If you upgrade to the Power Adapter then you won't need the battery anymore.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why does the harness need to be replaced?

Do you want battery backup for your phone service?

mayi1

The wiring is worn out and fell apart when I pulled it out to replace the battery. That’s why I need to replace it too. I checked with customer svc and they said it’s cost for a tech to visit because they have a dispatch fee now. So I’m not using voice just tv and internet but I need to maintain this equipment because it kept beeping but now I have to pay $99 for a tech to look at it but I don’t use it. What’s happening to Verizon.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When the tech comes out they will more than likely upgrade the BBU with a Power Adapter. There is no charge for this since it the issue is on their side. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you don't have voice, the backup battery is useless.  It only powers voice during an outage.

If Verizon comes out, they will replace the BBU with a battery-less power adapter.  It is no more or less reliable than the BBU.  It just doesn't have a battery.

If the BBU isn't beeping or it's beeping isn't annoying, I suggest you simply leave it without a battery installed and move on.  No need to spend any time or money having Verizon switch out the BBU.  If they ever come out for something else they'll take care of the BBU then.

If it's beeping and annoying, call them and ask if they will switch out the BBU for free.  You might have better luck with this request if you call and select the options to cancel all services.

Good Luck.

0 Likes