Fios will not permit me to log in to an account
RCS51

I am able to get to the web homepage for Aetnafeds.com, a medical insurer, but when I click "member login/register" I get this message: "Oops! Looks like something has gone wrong.  ADN:  [a long number]"

Aetna says there is no problem on its end, and I get the same result with every browser.  The result is also the same if I use a different device over FIOS.  I conclude that the problem is with FIOS rather than with Aetna, the browsers, or the devices.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Fios will not permit me to log in to an account
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just tried it and can get the login screen with no problem.

Maybe try now?

Have you ever been able to access this page?

If so, try deleting cookies for that site.

Verizon (like most IPSs) don't really have a way to block single pages.

It can be an ISP issue if you can't access a site at all.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@RCS51 wrote:

I am able to get to the web homepage for Aetnafeds.com, a medical insurer, but when I click "member login/register" I get this message: "Oops! Looks like something has gone wrong.  ADN:  [a long number]"

Aetna says there is no problem on its end, and I get the same result with every browser.  The result is also the same if I use a different device over FIOS.  I conclude that the problem is with FIOS rather than with Aetna, the browsers, or the devices.

Any suggestions?

In certain circumstances when you try to access the https secured sites your browsers or routers settings may be blocking them due to settings in the browsers.

such as "block pop up windows" or this could be a malicious site, and is being blocked either via the devices or through your antivirus program.

i would as suggested to you clear cache and all cookies and web sites from every browser you use. Then turn the devices off and then restart them. Try logging on again. See if that fixed your issue.

now if it still continues test with a cell phone not on wifi at your residence. If you can get through that way then I would now check the router settings as to having parental controls or site blocking enabled. The easiest way to fix this if you don't want to search your owners manual for the procedure is to look for the reset button on the router and press it for 20-30 seconds and release it.

your router is now set to the original manufacturer setting. So you must use the original login/password for your Fios router or your own router.

after your router gets dns try to go to that site again. 

Although many people believe ISP's cannot block sites it is a falsehood. Most isp's subscribe to RBL/DNS blocking services like Steve Lindford and others operate. In my work we used something called websense which blocked sites via listing service and via our inserting sites we deemed to block. (Government can do it )

0 Likes
2015ishere

I had the same issue.  I must have spent 2 hours on the phone before the problem was resolved -- by Verizon.   We could have saved a lot of time if they simply solved the problem right away.  I'm posting here with the hope of spreading the word, not only at the consumer end but on their end as well.  They had me turn off my router.  They sent me a new IP Address.  I turned my router back on.  It worked.  I did not have to reset my router to its factory settings.  The technician told me that would have been the last thing to try if this method didn't work.  I was helped by a supervisor.  The first person who helped me sent me a new IP address without having me turn off the router first.  That method did not work.    

0 Likes