Firmware Updates
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a FiOS-G1100 Router, and a recent vulnerability scan indicated that it has several vulnerabilities.   How do I go about finding the current firmware version and installing it on it?

0 Likes
Re: Firmware Updates
jonjones1
Legend

@Mohnkern wrote:

I have a FiOS-G1100 Router, and a recent vulnerability scan indicated that it has several vulnerabilities.   How do I go about finding the current firmware version and installing it on it?

Nothing you can do. Verizon Fios will send a firmware update. When is another question. Did you do your test at Gibson Research? Nice site for scans. http://www.grc.com the version can be found in the routers login in under about.

0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did an internal and external scan of the router using Nessus and Tenable.io. Came up with a ton of vulnerabilities, most of which I can tolerate, one which I can't.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Mohnkern wrote:

I did an internal and external scan of the router using Nessus and Tenable.io. Came up with a ton of vulnerabilities, most of which I can tolerate, one which I can't.

Ah ha. In the case as before I would call Verizon tech support and have them push out an update to you if it hasn’t been done already.

there is a poster at dsl reports asking for a firmware update and some of the replies say he has the latest update

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I"m on 01.04.00.12 with 1.03.   I assume tht's way out of date at this point.  What does anyone else have?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Mohnkern wrote:

I"m on 01.04.00.12 with 1.03.   I assume tht's way out of date at this point.  What does anyone else have?

No it’s the same as mine and the other poster.

0 Likes
BobR21

Regarding firmware updates for the Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 router, Verizon tech support told me earlier today (Tue 12/5/2017) that each time the device is restarted/rebooted it checks for and automatically updates its firmware as needed (i.e., as determined by Verizon).  So, other than manually forcing the device to restart/reboot, the end user has no control over what version of firmware this router is currently using.  [Ma Bell still knows what's best for you!]

In particular, for what it's worth, my G1100 device (hardware version 1.03) currently has firmware version 01.04.00.12 and UI version v1.0.234; they told me today that it is the latest available at this time.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It’s the same thing I told you.

why keep the same observation going?

when it’s available it will be pushed out. There is not even need for such an update as has been explained here on the forum previously. 

It is not affected by the bug that others were worried about. And it does not use an R band.

0 Likes
Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its unfortunate when I find security issue with the equipment, there's no way for me to resolve them other than wait for when verizon gets around to updating our firmware.

Guess I'll have to put a firewall behind the verizon router to be safe.

0 Likes