Free modem?
Dustinjohns
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have been a Verizon DSL customer since 2005. I recently upgraded my plan to the High Speed Enhanced. On the signup page it said equipment was included. A wireless router/modem. This was a huge selling point because I want to upgrade from my Westell 6100. Now after I ordered it, nobody seems to know anything about the free modem. Has anyone else had this issue? Can you help?

Thanks!
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free modem?
Dustinjohns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon again today and got a very nice lady who told me they will send out the new hardware. Problem solved! 🙂

View solution in original post

Dustinjohns
Enthusiast - Level 2
"Free Equipment Included". It's everywhere. I sure hope I get mine. Otherwise I'll probably switch to Cable. 😞
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a specific reason as to why you cannot attach your own router to the Westell 6100? A lot of people, including I prefer such a setup over an all-in-one unit. The Free Modems mentioned all over the Verizon pages are meant for new customers, though if you ask Verizon nicely, they might send you a Westell 7500. One might also just show up in the mail as well.

0 Likes
Dustinjohns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon again today and got a very nice lady who told me they will send out the new hardware. Problem solved! 🙂