Frequent Disconnects
bottleosmoke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I've had the 7mbps plan for quite a while now and have been very pleased with it.  For the last year or so, since a tech came by and replaced the NID, my connection has been nothing short of flawless.  I don't think I've disconnected a single time.

However, in the last day and a half, I've been experiencing frequent disconnects as often as every 5-10 minutes, sometimes it will hold out for 20-30, and for some reason it was stable last night for around 10 hours.  Aside from that 10 hours of stability this was similar to the issues I experienced before the NID was replaced.  

In addition to that both my download and upload speeds have been well below what they're normally at.

Here are my transceiver stats:

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream PathDSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3291 461 Margin (dB) 7.5 9.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 48.5 49.5 Transmit Power (dBm) 16.7 12.1

I've been told the margins are very low and attenuation is high, but I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem.  I'm using a westell 6100.  Thanks.

Re: Frequent Disconnects
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your downstream attenuation and especially your upstream attenuation don't look too good. If you can, take the modem out to the NID you had installed and see if the speeds improve while hooked into the test jack. This should disconnect your home's wiring so that you can rule out if something might have happened with your home's wiring overnight. When you do that, post up the new statistics you get.

0 Likes