Frequent broadband disconnects
Zydration

Hi,

I have Verizon Highspeed Internet with an Actiontec GT784WNV modem. Not so tech savvy so if other info is needed just let me know.

Our plan is supposed to see download speeds of 3.0mbps but has never surpassed 1.27mbps, to start. Several times I've reached out for a fix, including this new modem being sent our way a few months back, but nothing has ever changed it.

That being said, my connection has always been absolutely terrible, but somehow, someway, it has managed to find a new low.

I've tried various tweaks to modem settings, my laptop's WiFi adapter, etc. in order to stabilize my connection as it is at the worst it's ever been for me.

I game online, Overwatch in particular, and whenever I attempt to play, this problem occurs—I keep 192.168.1.1 open in my web browser to view the status, and whenever my connection drops, I notice that it says my broadband has been disconnected, while ISP stays connected.

I can browse the Internet for a majority of the day fine until I actually attempt to play a game which is extremely inconvenient. And even if I stop gaming, the problem persists, with disconnects sometimes every 2 minutes after it finds a reconnect.

If worth mentioning: I am the only one on the network when I attempt to game. Usually my family is asleep and as an extra precaution I change the network so that my laptop is the only device connected (anyone even lifting their phone seems to skyrocket my ping sometimes on this sad excuse for Internet).

I have rebooted the router, power cycled the router, and have performed ipconfig /release + ipconfig /renew + ipconfig /flushdns. Changed my DSL setting's linemode from multimode to G.DMT in hopes for better stability.

I'm honestly at a loss. I've never seen the connection so finnicky, ever, and we've been on the same plan forever. This has been ongoing for a few weeks. 

Any ideas appreciated.

0 Likes