Frustrated
Annirh78
Enthusiast - Level 3

So. We are having DSL problems. Our issue is that the DSL keeps going, but the phone line seems fine. No static and we get calls when the DSL goes out. I try to test the jacks in the house and they all seem fine, except the one the the modem using. I have even tried swtiching the modem to a different jack. When i do this, the DSL is still out. It comes back on eventually, but I feel that we can not do anything really taxing because you never know when we will loose internet. I even have my own moden and router and switch them, just to test the line and get the same results. So, it is not the router. I am at a total loss. Any ideas what could be causing the problem? We probably will never get FIOS here is in Lancaster County PA, so our options are very limited to DSL and Comcast Cable.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated
jonjones1
Legend

Ahh you are in Amish land.....

verizon has been shutting down copper in many parts of the country. Technology today is geared towards fiber optics. However many locations have stopped verizon from termination of potts service.

it may very well catch up for that part of Pennsylvania even if the Amish prefer the quiet life. 

I would to be honest check into another provider until that fiber to the home is available. No sense paying verizon money for sub par service. I hope fios arrives to you if verizon starts building out again. It really is a great service.

now you could have verizon send a tech to your home and see if they can fix the issues you are having. Its worth a try.

0 Likes
Annirh78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response. I have tried putting an older filter on the phone to see if that helps. I bought some filters, but they might have been the problem. It is just a test run. For me speed is not a big issue because I am pretty used to it, but the constant disconnects are frustrating. Not sure how they are going to deal the the copper retirement in my area though, as there are not many other options. Not a fan of Comcast.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Annirh78,

To talk to a Verizon representative, contact customer service directly though one of the methods available on our Support page.

0 Likes
Annirh78
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info. I will get it worked out.

0 Likes