G1100 router port fowarding
edlu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help. I need to set up port 44158 on the router. I followed the steps my pc's IP address TCP ANY -> 44158.

I tried with UPNP on and off.  firewall security minimum.  any help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G1100 router port fowarding
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you did not specify to which port of the internal device should the router be forwarding.

imageG1100 Port Forwarding 44158

Notice the Forward to Port field. This is the port on the internal server to which you would like to forward.

The resource you referenced is partially incorrect. I recommend you to always consult the official Forums before resorting to third-party resources.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't adjust the firewall level and UPnP. Adjusting Firewall level to Low is dangerous, as well as enabling UPnP.

TCP Any -> 44158 would mean accept connections from ANY source port to 44158 port on WAN side, but you have not specify to what port should the router forward your traffic.

I see lots of users forwarding 44158 lately. What application uses this port?

0 Likes
edlu
Enthusiast - Level 2

44158 is the port for BobCat miner and I tried to follow the direction on line.  https://portforward.com/verizon/fios-quantum-gateway/

below is my screen in theory it should be working but no luck.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you did not specify to which port of the internal device should the router be forwarding.

imageG1100 Port Forwarding 44158

Notice the Forward to Port field. This is the port on the internal server to which you would like to forward.

The resource you referenced is partially incorrect. I recommend you to always consult the official Forums before resorting to third-party resources.

edlu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for the pic.  it makes following the step so much easier!

0 Likes