G3100 web interface issues
russilker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Banging my head against the wall here. Several parts of the G3100 web interface have been going haywire seemingly at random-- specifically, the following elements stop working until I reset the router, then it breaks again sometime later:
1. "Network status" page that should show all connected devices, but instead shows that there are no networks to display.
2. "Network connections" page that should show status of wifi access points and more, but instead everything incorrectly appears disconnected.
3. "IPv4 Address Distribution" page that should show DHCP leases, but shows DHCP service is disabled.

Bizarrely, the home page of the router shows that everything seems fine. WAN connection is active, devices are successfully connected through coax, wifi, and ethernet. Logs (and testing) show DHCP leases are still being given out, DNS is still resolving, etc.

Additional details:
- The G3100 is connected to the ONT through Ethernet (gigabit internet only, no TV/set top boxes).
- The G3100 is also connected to the wall with coax, which provides connectivity to two ECB5240M devices elsewhere in the house. I do believe I eliminated these extenders + the devices connected to them from being responsible as I've disconnected the coax line from the router entirely and found that the issue persisted through a router reboot.
- The G3100 firmware appears to be pretty recent, 1.3.6.27.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any thoughts of what I could check or what it might be?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 web interface issues
russilker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I fixed the issue, and I'm posting the solution here as someone else is bound to come across it, it's a result of poor coding of the firmware on the router.

I have two LIFX Smart Bulbs, one named "Ilana's side" and the other "Misha's side". Viewing the console log in Chrome showed "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier", and it showed that the error was the apostrophe in each device name, since apparently the LIFX bulb name in the app is also the device's host name. Renaming the smart bulbs without an apostrophe immediately fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Re: G3100 web interface issues
russilker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I fixed the issue, and I'm posting the solution here as someone else is bound to come across it, it's a result of poor coding of the firmware on the router.

I have two LIFX Smart Bulbs, one named "Ilana's side" and the other "Misha's side". Viewing the console log in Chrome showed "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier", and it showed that the error was the apostrophe in each device name, since apparently the LIFX bulb name in the app is also the device's host name. Renaming the smart bulbs without an apostrophe immediately fixed the issue.